Are you experiencing daily stress, or having trouble winding down after a hard day of work? Is there something on your mind that you just can’t seem to shake. This is understandable, and stress has affected just about everyone at one point or another. That being said here is a list of our top five tips to help you combat stress:
- Exercise — It is important to find the exercise you enjoy. Whether you focus best on walking, running or even such activities as hitting a heavy bag for a total workout, make sure you enjoy what you are doing. This is one of our most important tips.
- Meditation — Take a few minutes out of your day to spend quiet time to clear your mind of outside distractions.
- Eat A Balanced Diet — The right foods and combination of foods will boost energy levels and provide the foundation for fighting stress.
- Consistent Sleep Patterns — The body needs time to recharge and the mind needs time to rest. Skipping a good night’s sleep can actually make stress and fatigue worse.
- Avoid Excessive Caffeine or Alcohol — Stimulants or depressants may alter the nervous system and its ability to consistently cope with stress.
Keep in mind that there is a difference between stress and depression. Remember, you should always consult with your primary physician before beginning any exercise, diet, or nutritional supplementation program.
Interested in reading more tips? Check out our Top Five Benefits of Meditation