Today we will be listing five of the healthiest foods for various organs in the body or for important bodily functions. The most important organ in our bodies is the heart. It is the epicenter of the circulatory system that pumps blood throughout the body, sustaining the vital functions that keep us alive.Since the heart is such a vital organ, it is essential that we treat it with the care it deserves, consuming those foods and beverages that help us maintain a healthy heart. Eating a balanced diet consisting of foods containing vital nutrients is the key to nurturing and maintaining a healthy heart. Here is a list of five of the healthiest foods and beverages for maintaining heart health:
- Salmon – high in omega 3 fatty acids
- Flaxseed (ground) – full of fiber and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids; a little sprinkling of flaxseed can go a long way for your heart
- Soy Protein – may lower cholesterol, and since it is low in saturated fat, it’s still a great source of lean protein in a heart-healthy diet
- Oatmeal – a fiber-rich super food can lower levels of LDL (or bad) cholesterol and help keep arteries clear
- Olive Oil – full of monounsaturated fats, it also lowers bad LDL cholesterol and reduces your risk of developing heart disease.
Interested in reading more? Check out Top Five Reasons People Exercise