Benefits Of Each Ingredient
- Most abundant amino acid in skeletal muscle that fuels immune cells, improves exercise recovery, and optimizes gut microbiome (17).
- Vital for lymphocyte (immune cell) proliferation (growth) and paramount in neutrophil (immune cell) destruction of bacteria (17).
- Vital for activation of genetic signals that support immune function and vitality (17).
- Glutamine is utilized by immune cells at high rates during catabolic conditions (post-surgery, sepsis, burns, and extreme exercise (17).
- Supports hydration, increased energy, antioxidant function, and increases fat metabolism during aerobic exercise (242,243).
- Supports antioxidant function via combating reactive oxygen species (243).
- Increases fat metabolism during exercise via enhanced mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation (cells using fat as fuel) (242).
- Natural vasodilator precursor to increased nitric oxide levels (1).
- Supports immune function by the maturation of the T cell (immune cell) receptor zeta (TCR) (2).
- Improves exercise performance via increased stroke volume (blood flow) and increased nutrient delivery to exercising muscle (3).
- Reduces arterial blood pressure, insulin resistance, and supports fat lipolysis (fat burning) (4).
BCAA 2:1 (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine)
- Improve exercise performance, increase muscle protein synthesis, prevent muscle tissue breakdown, supports immunity, gut health, lipid metabolism, and recovery (41,42).
- Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis (muscle growth) via stimulation of the mTORC1 pathway (a genetic pathway for cell growth) even in a caloric deficit (41).
- Suppresses muscle degradative pathway (muscle tissue break down) during times of catabolism and caloric deficit (41).
- Leucine stimulates muscle growth in sarcopenic elderly individuals that have increased leucine needs (41).
- Acts as a regulator to promote intestinal development, nutrient transporters, and immune-related function (42).
- Supports cardiovascular health and exercise performance by increasing the production of l-arginine (34).
- Increases nitric oxide production, improves exercise performance, and increases blood flow to exercising skeletal muscle (35).
- Supports strength increases, exercise endurance, and recovery (34,35).
- May reduce blood pressure by increasing vascular function (34).
- A unique non-protein amino acid found in green tea (Camellia sinensis) (54).
- Supports mood, mental clarity, and cognitive health, memory, and is a natural anti-depressant/neuroprotective agent (54)
- Aids as an antidepressant due to partial antagonism for the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor manifesting its cognitive optimizing effects (54).
- Supports memory, cognitive flexibility, the executive function of the brain, and convergent thinking (60).
- A precursor to dopamine and is vital for dopamine synthesis in the brain (60).
- Supports cognitive function in individuals with high amounts of stress and anxiety (60,61).
- Increases dopamine levels in highly stressed individuals (60).
- Supports skin health, immune health, antioxidant function, reduced anxiety, and energy production (313).
- Supports reduced anxiety via decreases in plasma cortisol concentrations (313).
- Supports immune health (314).
- Optimizes energy, cognitive function, and mental alertness (24).
- Supplementation with caffeine has been shown to acutely enhance exercise performance (24).
Green Tea Extract
- Supports increased nitric oxide production, reduces blood pressure, reduces DNA damage, increases collagen production, increases bone strength, and aids as a neuroprotective agent (31).
- Supports antioxidant function via modulation of antioxidant enzyme expression, protection against oxidative damage, and reduced reactive oxygen species (31).
- Supports cardiovascular health via reduced atherosclerosis, inhibiting lipid peroxidation, and improved endothelial vascular function (31).
- Supports increased energy and cognitive function (312).
- Supports digestive health via restoration of mucin synthesis and stabilization of gut microbiota (311).