The main 4 strains of probiotics used in MaxWell Nutrition’s Probiotic Complex 40 Billion CFU supplement are as follows…
- Naturally found in the intestinal tract, it helps in maintaining the intestinal flora numbers.
- Supports athletic performance, enhanced gut microbiome, increased muscle mass, immune health, reduced cortisol levels, digestive health, cognitive function, and improved allergy symptoms (103,104, 107, 108, 109).
- Supports 70% of the gut-immunological axis (gut immune system) via enhanced mucosal immune response (toll-like receptors), and upregulation of genetic markers associated with macrophage (gut-immune cell) activity (108, 109).
- Reduces inflammation via activation of Toll-like receptors (TLRs) and downregulates the expression of nuclear factor (NF)-κB and pro-inflammatory cytokines (inflammation markers) (109).
- Known for its ability to help to stimulate the body’s immune response.
- Supports the gut-brain axis via increased neural, endocrine (hormonal), and anti-inflammatory modulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis (108).
- It is known for its benefits in helping support the digestive tract.
- Supports digestive and immune health via decreased irritable bowel symptoms, suppression of helicobacter pylori growth (pathogenic bacteria), reduced histamine (reduced allergic response), and reduced gut inflammation (103,104, 107, 108, 109).
- Known for helping to boost energy levels
- Supports athletic performance via reduction of respiratory tract infections, reduced muscle damage, improved body composition, reduction of lactate-induced exercise (muscle burn), and body composition (108).